From the back cover: In Working Windows, 3rd Edition, Terry Meany explains with detail, humor, and accessibility everything you’ll need to know to repair, replace, or restore almost any window-regardless of its age.
Inside you will find:
- detailed instruction for disassembling and repairing various types of wood windows
- repair hints and tricks of the trade you won’t find anywhere else
- easy ways to clean and restore original hardware
- safe and efficient methods of stripping, refinishing, and painting
- effective ways to eliminate drafts and rattles
- methods for glass cleaning
- invaluable information on tools and materials and more
Working Windows, 3rd Edition is the only fully illustrated guide to repairing and refinishing every part of an old window, from weather stripping, pulleys, sashes, hopper vents, and casings to old hinges, paint, and glass. Whether you are a craftsman or a do-it-yourself homeowner, you will find Working Windows, 3rd Edition packed with essential advice and instruction to get your windows looking great and operating smoothly. Terry Meany has repaired thousands of windows in the Seattle area, earning him the nickname “Mr. Window.”
There are no reviews yet.