Show us your traditional wooden window projects! Have you improved the appearance or function of wooden windows for a client or in your own home? If so, we want to hear how you’ve put SRS Hardware products to work.
We’re looking for quality workmanship and good instructional guides that can help others in their window repair and replacement projects. Don’t have a current project you’re working on? Here are some “how to” ideas to get you started on one:
- Replacing a wood window sash
- Building a new wood window sash
- Installing a sash window
- Installing new sash lifts and locks
- Installing spring bolts
- Installing and using stop bead adjusters
- Using chain spirals to attach sash chain
- Installing storm window hardware and Storm Window Stays
- Using Sarco Glazing Putty on wooden window sash
- Choosing and installing the correct window sash weights
- Re-roping a weight and pulley window
- Installing Add On Weights
- Scraping sash and jambs with a Proscraper
We want to see what you are up to and inspire others with your work!
Check out this example!
- 1st Place: $200 for any future purchase from SRS Hardware
- 2nd Place: $150 for any future purchase from SRS Hardware
- 3rd Place: Proscraper Vacuum Scraper
HOW TO ENTER:
Must be 18 years old or older and reside in the United States to enter. To enter, send a video or before, during and after photos with subject heading “DIY Contest” to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email within 48 hours confirming receipt.
- full name
- street address
- daytime phone number
- date of birth [for legal purposes]
- description of the project and what you personally did [as it is a DIY Contest!]
- If sending only photos, each photo must be accompanied by a detailed paragraph of what steps were taken and with what tools and hardware.
- Videos and photos must be in high resolution jpegs; each file should be named to identify the image as before/during/after
Entries are limited to 1 project per a person. The contest is open to contractors, professionals, and DIY-ers, The Contest begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time (ET) on November 6, 2017, and ends at 11:59 pm on December 31, 2017. All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm ET on December 31, 2017.
All entries must meet the Contest requirements. SRS Hardware will review and select winners based on the following criteria:
Visual and/or Functionality Impact of Project – 40%
Example: how different does the object/area look or function due to the work that was completed? Before and after pictures are helpful to show the impact.
Skill & Quality of Work – 40%
How much effort and how difficult was the project? Was it executed well?
People’s Choice – 20%
Social Media and Blog comments and/or “likes”
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Visual Impact of Project category will be determined the winner. Decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
VOTING FOR PEOPLE’S CHOICE:
To vote electronically, anyone can vote via commenting or “liking” the submissions in the following places:
By entering, you are granting SRS Hardware a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your videos/photos on our website, newsletters, social media channels, and in the marketing of the DIY contest to the general public. All entries will be displayed on the SRS Hardware website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical/archival online contest catalog. The voting process will commence on or about January 1, 2018 and terminate on January 15, 2018. In the event of technical difficulties or for other reasons, contest submission and voting dates are subject to change without notice. Voters may vote across multiple social media areas and furthermore, they may vote/comment/like more than one project/entry. Automated mechanisms are strictly prohibited. Any votes suspected by the judges to be fraudulent may be disqualified, in the judge’s’ sole discretion, and could affect the final standings prior to the announcement. Additionally, any person employing such device will be disqualified.